Each account number is an unique identification number that can help you protect your data, funds and other assets secure. The most popular types of account numbers is your bank account number as well as your account number for consumers, that allows you to pay your bills for utilities. As with these account numbers the UAN number is also a unique identification of the location of your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) deposits and helps keep them secure.
It also lets to transfer various PF accounts set up by different employers under one number that is only accessible to you. This unique method of identification secures your funds by using a virtual lock and key, and makes it very easier for mainly you to manage the procedure of accessing and checking the status of your EPF.
What exactly is UAN number?
A Universal Account Number or UAN is an identification number of 12 digits that you and your employer have and under which both of you is eligible to contribute towards the EPF. The number is assigned from the Ministry of Labour and Employment and is issued and appointed through the Employers’ Pension Fund Organization (EPFO).
Two distinct UAN are given to you and employers by EPFO. The UAN is issued once it has been generated. It remains the same throughout your period of your company’s existence and throughout your employment , regardless of the number of positions that you take on. When you switch jobs or change jobs, the EPFO will notify you and will grant you to obtain a ID number for a new member (ID) that will be linked to your current UAN. You can make an application for the ID by contacting EPFO or through your employer, so they can make use of your UAN to contact the EPFO to issue the new ID.
How do I verify UAN number?
You have two options through how you can locate your Universal Account Numbers (UAN Numbers). One is to get it from your employer, and the other is to locate it making use of your UAN portal. This article will provide more information on the steps that is involved:
1. Verifying for your UAN in your company: Usually, the employer will be able to notify you about the Universal Account Number at the time you start your first job. However, if there is a reason why you do not have a copy of your UAN, the UAN number will be printed on your pay slip at the moment your employer begins making deductions from your wages towards PF contributions. This is the most popular method used by Indian firms, making it easy to verify your UAN on the pay slip.
2. Locating Your UAN on the site:
- Log in for access to the UAN portal.
- Go to the ‘Know Your UAN Status’ tab.
- Then, you’ll be asked mainly to fill in the basic information like your Aadhaar number or PAN number. or fill out a form that is based on your PF member ID (you could inquire from your employer about the information)
- If you are able to access the PF number/member ID complete the required fields and select your state and EPFO office from the dropdown menu.
- In other cases, make use of the information on your Aadhaar (or PAN) number in order to get your UAN number.
- Other details that are obligatory to be filled in for both routes include your name, date of birth, your mobile number, as well as the captcha code.
- After filling out your form in, you can click “Get Authorization Pin”
- You will be immediately notified of the PIN for your mobile phone
- Enter the PIN and then click “Validate OTP and you will see the UAN button
- Click the UAN button to obtain the Universal Account Number by text message to your mobile phone
What is the reason the need for a UAN necessary?
In the case of a salaried person employed by a company that contributes and deducts funds from the Employer Provident Fund and you are assigned a UAN. In the past, this wasn’t the case as you were assigned several member IDs per PF account that was initiated by different employers. The UAN mandate came into existence on October 1 in 2014 by the Prime Narendra Modi. Narendra Modi to create a common umbrella that all of your PF accounts can be easily and quickly accessible by you.
Further Read How to improve Gross Salary Income
UAN strives to streamline PF transactions as one UAN lets you manage all of your PF accounts from one location regardless of the number of employers you’ve had in your work experience. Therefore, UAN makes accessing your funds a much more organised and efficient procedure and spares you the time and effort of maintaining different passwords and account information of many PF accounts.
What will UAN alter things?
A Universal Account Number generated for you at the start of your career will help you organize the PFs you’ve had in parallel throughout the years. It consolidates the various IDs connecting with your employer in one location. If you’ve worked as a salaried worker before 2014, UAN allows you to transfer to a PF account. Here are a few of the advantages and advantages associated with UAN.
- UAN assists in easing the process of verification of employees through the EPFO and also controls all employee data all in one location
- You can transfer or withdraw your PF money at any time by with the UAN
- Both you and your employer are able to keep track on the PF account as well as its balance by using the simple UAN member portal. UAN member portal
- Your employer can swiftly validate the withdrawal request of your PF or deposit PF to your account via the UAN portal
- UAN integrates all the KYC and PF details together in one place It is easily accessible online
What are the benefits for employees of UAN?
In addition to easy access and a faster process through UAN’s portal, aside from the ease of access and a faster process through UAN website, UAN users also benefit by UAN through the following methods:
- You can quickly examine your PF balance at any time from the comfort of your home.
- The authentication is done with your KYC and connected to your Aadhaar number and your UAN, your UAN is secure and can be used by your mobile phone to check the balance of your PF account simply by sending an SMS
- Your UAN Number is an identification number independent of the employer you work for.
- Only you have access to your account on the basis of your KYC information
- It is possible mainly to keep track of the balance of your PF account to determine if your employer credits your account each month, based on the deductions you have made.
How do I generate a UAN number?
In your first day at work you will be asked by your employer for some documents to create the UAN number. It’s a once-off process. Once the form is created, the number is not changed and remains throughout your career.
These are the documents you must submit in order to get your UAN.
Documents needed to create UAN
- Account number for your bank, IFSC code, branch name
- The ID document you have to show is a driving License or Passport or Voter ID Aadhaar, SSLC Book
- The proof of address, whether it the most recent utility bill bearing your name, a rental/lease agreement or ration card, or any other ID photo with your current address listed.
- The PAN Card as well as Aadhaar card is required
How do I connect Aadhaar to UAN
The government has mandated linking your Aadhaar details to UAN.
If, however, you’re Aadhaar updates weren’t linked at the time you joined UAN member, you are able to do this with a couple of easy steps online through this portal , or offline with the application forms.
Link Aadhaar in conjunction with UAN offline
EPFO has come up with An Aadhaar Linking Application Form, and you’ll need to complete it using information such as your UAN, Aadhaar number, and any other necessary personal information. Additionally, you will need to submit self-attested copies the UAN card PAN card as well as Aadhaar card using this form. You can then complete all the forms at the offices in the field at EPFO and Common Services Centres (CSC). After you have been verified and registered, you will be able to register your Aadhaar can be linked to the UAN and you will be informed about this by SMS.
Link Aadhaar and UAN Online
To connect your Aadhaar to the website, you simply need input your UAN number as well as your mobile number to create an OTP. After entering the correct OTP you will be required to input your Aadhaar number as well as your gender. Select the OTP verification following this step to verify and generate your Aadhaar. Once done click ‘Submit’. After that, click ‘Submit’. Aadhaar will be connected the UAN after 15 working days.
How do I connect multiple EPF accounts to UAN
Your UAN number was issued to bring all of your Provident Employee Funds into the control of a single number. The EPFO is promoting this unified system as ‘one employee, one EPF account. This means that you can access up to 10 accounts in this single system by logging into EPFO’s portal. EPFO portal.
Further Read how to join multiple PF accounts with UAN
Here’s how you can connect all of your PF accounts in just one UAN number.
- In order to begin the process, make sure you have all of your UAN number, your current EPF account number, which is linked to your UAN number, as well as your KYC details like bank account number IFSC number, Aadhaar code, number for PAN card and account number in your wallet
- All of these information have to be confirmed and accepted by your current employer.
Start your process click here and then follow the steps listed below.
- Navigate through the main menu, then select the ‘Our Services tab to access the ‘For Employee’ services.
- Click on “One Employee – one EPF account’ under the tab Services
- Enter the necessary information to generate an OTP
- Input the OTP you received on the registered mobile number that is linked to the UAN to get to the Enter EPF ID page.
- Then, enter your previous EPF ID, confirm the declaration, then click’submit. Your EPF IDs are linked and you will receive an alert to your registered mobile number.
UAN numbers are a great method ensure that you keep the PF funds in your pocket and aid in keeping your funds protected throughout your career, until you have the need to either partially or completely take it out. Additionally, taking this route digitally will allow you to manage and monitor your money easily by using your UAN portal and application.
My Name is Nadeem Shaikh the founder of nadeemacademy.com. I am a Qualified Chartered Accountant, B. com and M.Com. having professional and specialize experience in field of Account, Finance, and Taxation. Total experience of 20 years in providing businesses solution in Taxation, Accounting, and Finance with all statutory compliance with timely business performance Financials reports. You can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.